Annual Review, Happiness, Paradoxes of Modern Life
It is hard to believe this is the 10th edition!!
Time seems to have accelerated over the past 2 months with big changes in personal and professional life.
Writing this newsletter is the only consistent thing that has helped me stay grounded during these months.
With only 2 weeks left in this year, I am already in a semi-introspective state.
But, this time, instead of just reflecting through journaling and writing goals for the next year (I am still scared to re-look at the ones I wrote in 2020 :D), I am using the following workbook.
Annual Review Workbook
I came across this workbook in one of the mentor sessions of a course called Building A Second Brain- an online 5-week course on digital productivity. (The course recently ended & I am still processing its lessons and plan to share some insights soon!)
The workbook provides a step-by-step framework to review your year. It has forced me to think deeply about my values and vision before even thinking about goals for the next year.
If you’re interested to do the same, you can download the workbook from here.
Article of the Week: A (Broken) Playbook for Happiness
- Happiness can become like cocaine if you base it on your next milestone. With every hit, you need more of it the next time to have the same euphoria. The highs of achievement successively become less thrilling.
- Happiness is “not this” (accumulation) and “not this, either” (accomplishment).
- Happiness is innate within us, it just needs to be discovered. We just need to get out of our own way.
Tweet of the Week: Paradoxes of Modern Life
- Simple writing and ideas are more clear & effective.
- Narrow your focus to expand your horizons.
- Correct decisions are actually suboptimal.
That is all from me this week!
Thank you for being here all this time!
Feel free to reply to this to give any feedback, suggestions, or just say hi. 😀
Until next time,
PS: Sometimes it can be useful to discuss ideas and reflect with a group rather than alone. So, if some of you are interested to brainstorm or discussing ideas from Annual Review Workbook with a small group, we could do a Zoom call sometime over any of the two upcoming weekends of 2021.
Let me know by replying to this email! I will be happy to organize something! 🙂
If you liked reading this newsletter, sign up to get them straight into your inbox, every Wednesday!
- Into the Unknown- How My World is Changing During Write Of Passage
- Secret to Managing a Remote Team for the First Time- Stay S.T.E.A.D.Y
- How to practice surrender with action?